About Us & Submissions
Willow Creek Press is an award-winning U.S. publisher with a special focus on the myriad joys of dog and cat ownership. An ever expanding line of light-hearted, high-quality books and calendars has established their leadership role in this popular category.
Visit the company website at willowcreekpress.com and interact via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Willow Creek Press is a publisher of gift books and calendars focusing on a range of subjects from dogs, cats and horses to North American wildlife, scenery and sporting. We are always on the lookout for distinctive, well-composed images that catch the eye and capture the heart.
Annual submission calls are sent out each spring for calendars. Professional photographers that are interested in being included on the submission call should email a link to their website or online gallery to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using a file-sharing service like Dropbox, please send the folder link to email@example.com. Do not mail tear sheets, slides, CD's, flash drives or original images. Willow Creek Press is not responsible for the return of unsolicited submission materials.
If we feel your work would be a good fit for our publications, we will include you on our annual submission call, which will outline timelines, requirements, fees and terms. For publication, we require 300dpi JPEG or TIFF files that are approximately 12x18 inches, with all pertinent information labeled clearly in the file's metadata. Due to these requirements, we are not currently accepting submissions from amateur photographers.
Willow Creek Press is a publisher whose primary commitment is to publish books specializing in nature, outdoor and sporting topics, gardening, wildlife and animal books, and cookbooks. We also publish nature, wildlife, fishing, and sporting calendars. Personal memoirs, children's books, and manuscripts dealing with limited regional subject matter may be considered, but generally stand little chance of acceptance.
Please include the following details when submitting book proposals:
• A cover letter detailing the work as a whole. Include all information that you think we should have in order to make a decision about your project. In particular, tell us who your target audience is and provide a rationale for why we are the best publisher for your work.
• A chapter-by-chapter outline of the entire work.
• One or two sample chapters. It is not necessary to send the entire manuscript, just enough material to give us a sense of the work as a whole.
• A brief bio or a note describing who you are and why you are the right person to write this book. This doesn’t need to be a formal resume.
• A self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage for the return of all of your material. Without this, we cannot return your materials to you. If you do not need your materials returned, please include an envelope with first-class letter postage for our reply.
Please do NOT send originals of anything. We are not liable for artwork or manuscript submissions.
We do not accept unsolicited proposals through the web, email, or by phone.
Address all inquiries or proposals to:
Willow Creek Press, Inc.
P.O. Box 147
Minocqua, WI 54548
Please provide SASE with all correspondence if you want your materials returned.